This vegan "Nutella" mousse is only a few ingredients and an easy 5-minute blend away from your spoon! A creamy, rich, healthy, and easy-to-make recipe to impress any and all chocolate & hazelnut lovers.
Who else eats Nutella or its alternatives by the spoonful? I certainly do. Although these days it is usually the healthier version that I make at home, it still feels weird to go through a jar of something that was supposed to last us for at least a week in one sitting.
While you're still welcome to consume the spread on its own without any judgement whatsoever, I found the perfect solution to save our household from disappearing jars of homemade Nutella: turning it into delicious chocolate & hazelnut mousse.
This version is even easier to make than the actual spread that I prepare since I rarely roast the hazelnuts for the mousse, shaving off 20 minutes. The Nutella mousse is very rich and is easy to put together in a matter of minutes as long as your blender can handle unsoaked hazelnuts. Hope you enjoy it as much as we do!
Ingredients for Make Plant-Based Mousse
- 1 cup hazelnuts, raw (may need to be soaked*)
- 20 dates, pitted (or ⅔ cup blackstrap/grape molasses or maple syrup)
- 1 cup unsweetened plant milk*
- 2 tbsp coconut oil, melted (or melted cocoa butter)
- ¼ cup cacao powder (or cocoa powder)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- pinch of salt
- optional toppings: chopped hazelnut, coconut flakes, & strawberries
Feel free to add more cacao powder or dates to your taste. Some may prefer it sweeter or with an even richer chocolate taste.
How to Make Vegan Chocolate & Hazelnut Mousse
- Place the hazelnuts in a blender and make hazelnut butter. If your blender isn't very strong, soak them in water for at least 2 hours prior to blending.
- Add the remaining ingredients and blend again until the mousse becomes smooth. Scrape down the sides as needed.
- Pour the mixture into serving bowls or cups to set and chill in the refrigerator for at least 2 hours.
- Enjoy with desired toppings. Chopped hazelnuts, strawberries, and coconut flakes work great!
- Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to four days.
Don’t forget to let me know in the comments if you make vegan "Nutella" mousse! Afiyet olsun (bon appetite)!Print