This vegan “Nutella” mousse is only a few ingredients and an easy 5-minute blend away from your spoon! A creamy, rich, healthy, and easy-to-make recipe to impress any and all chocolate & hazelnut lovers.
- 1 cup hazelnuts, raw (may need to be soaked*)
- 20 dates, pitted (or 2/3 cup blackstrap/grape molasses or maple syrup)
- 1 cup unsweetened plant milk*
- 2 tbsp coconut oil, melted (or melted cocoa butter)
- 1/4 cup* cacao powder (or cocoa powder)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- pinch of salt
- optional toppings: chopped hazelnut, coconut flakes, & strawberries
- Place the hazelnuts in a blender and make hazelnut butter. *If your blender isn’t very strong, soak them in water for at least 2 hours prior to blending.
- Add the remaining ingredients and blend again until the mousse becomes smooth. Scrape down the sides as needed.
- Pour the mixture into serving bowls or cups to set and chill in the refrigerator for at least 2 hours.
- Enjoy with desired toppings. Chopped hazelnuts, strawberries, and coconut flakes work great!
- Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to four days.
Feel free to add more cacao powder or dates to your taste. Some may prefer it sweeter or with an even richer chocolate taste.