You are going to love this vegan chocolate mocha shake recipe that is more of a decadent smoothie in disguise! Sweetened with dates & bananas, and enriched by cashews—this smoothie doesn't leave much to be desired. Craving a mocha? Add some coffee for a wonderful flavor combination and, of course, the caffeine. You can watch how to make it in this video; the recipe starts at 2:05:
Fan of chocolate? Me too! Coffee? Same! This smoothie brings it all together with the added creaminess from cashews and the sweetness of bananas and dates. Serve after meals as a dessert alternative, and I promise it won't disappoint even those with a strong sweet tooth—speaking from experience. 🙂
Ingredients for the Vegan Chocolate Mocha Shake Recipe
- 2 bananas, frozen preferred
- 1 cup raw unsalted cashews
- 3 dates, pitted
- 1 tablespoon cacao powder*
- 2 teaspoon instant coffee*
- 1 cup plant milk
You may substitute the cacao powder with unsweetened cocoa powder.
Instant coffee can be substituted with its decaf version, or with chicory root/dandelion powder to forgo coffee altogether. Feeling adventurous? Add a shot of Turkish coffee for a real caffeine kick!
How to Make This Decadent Shake
- If using frozen bananas, add them to the blender and blend on high until smooth. Add the plant milk if the blender is having trouble.
- Add the rest of the ingredients and blend until creamy. Scrape down the sides if necessary.
- Adjust flavors to taste if needed: add more banana or dates for more sweetness, and more cashews for more creaminess.
Looking for other Smoothie Recipes?
Try this immune-boosting green smoothie, or this decadent chocolate “shake” that I love having as a healthier dessert alternative.
Don’t forget to let me know in the comments if you make this recipe!Print