You are going to love this vegan chocolate mocha shake recipe that is more of a decadent smoothie in disguise! Sweetened with dates & bananas, and enriched by cashews—this smoothie doesn’t leave much to be desired. Craving a mocha? Add some coffee for a wonderful flavor combination and, of course, the caffeine.
- 2 bananas, frozen preferred
- 1 cup raw unsalted cashews
- 3 dates, pitted
- 1 tbsp cacao powder*
- 2 tsp instant coffee*
- 1 cup plant milk
- If using frozen bananas, add them to the blender and blend on high until smooth. Add the plant milk if the blender is having trouble.
- Add the rest of the ingredients and blend until creamy. Scrape down the sides if necessary.
- Adjust flavors to taste if needed: add more banana or dates for more sweetness, and more cashews for more creaminess.
You may substitute the cacao powder with unsweetened cocoa powder.
Instant coffee can be substituted with its decaf version, or with chicory root/dandelion powder to forgo coffee altogether. Feeling adventurous? Add a shot of Turkish coffee for a real caffeine kick!
Keywords: mocha, shake, chocolate, cacao, cocoa, dates, banana, cashew, creamy, coffee, smoothie, vegan