This refreshing, immune-boosting smoothie recipe is packed with anti-inflammatory ingredients like flax seeds, spinach, ginger, and turmeric. You can watch how to make it in this video; recipe starts at 0:15:
When I think of a smoothie, two main types come to mind: a decadent one filled with chocolate, nuts, and dates; and a refreshing one that makes me feel like I have my life together while drinking it. This smoothie is of the latter type. I hope it will make
Ingredients for the Immune Boosting Smoothie Recipe
- 2 bananas*, frozen preferred
- 1 orange, peeled
- 1 knob of ginger
- 1 tablespoon peanut butter*
- 1 tablespoon flax seeds
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup spinach
- 1.5 cup plant milk, unsweetened
- optional: ¼ teaspoon turmeric, ground* & pinch of black pepper
- You may substitute the bananas with zucchini for a lower-calorie, less-sweet, banana-free smoothie option.
- For nut allergies, you can substitute the peanut butter with sunflower seed butter or tahini.
- You may use one knob of harder-to-find fresh turmeric instead of ground to substitute.
How to Make This Anti-Inflammatory Smoothie
- If using frozen bananas, add them to the blender and blend on high until smooth. Add the plant milk if the blender is having trouble.
- Add the rest of the ingredients and blend until creamy. Scrape down the sides if necessary.
- Adjust flavors to taste: add more banana for more sweetness, ginger for more zestiness, and turmeric for extra warmth.
Looking for Other Smoothie Recipes?
Try this antioxidant bomb made with amla powder, or this decadent chocolate "shake" that I love having as a healthier dessert alternative.
Don’t forget to let me know in the comments if you make this recipe!Print