- 2 bananas*, frozen preferred
- 1 orange, peeled
- 1 knob of ginger
- 1 tbsp peanut butter*
- 1 tbsp flax seeds
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup spinach
- 1.5 cup plant milk, unsweetened
- optional: 1/4 tsp turmeric, ground* & pinch of black pepper
- If using frozen bananas, add them to the blender and blend on high until smooth. Add the plant milk if the blender is having trouble.
- Add the rest of the ingredients and blend until creamy. Scrape down the sides if necessary.
- Adjust flavors to taste: add more banana for more sweetness, ginger for more zestiness, and turmeric for extra warmth.
*You may substitute the bananas with zucchini for a lower-calorie, less-sweet, banana-free smoothie option.
*For nut allergies, you can substitute the peanut butter with sunflower seed butter or tahini.
*You may use one knob of harder-to-find fresh turmeric instead of ground to substitute.
Keywords: ginger, smoothie, spinach, flax, orange, turmeric, vegan