Simple roasted beets with labneh recipe right from the heart of the Aegean! This appetizer is quick to make, easy to put together, and healthy. One of my favorite ways of eating beets hands down!
Ingredients for Roasted Beets with Labneh
- 8 raw baby beets with leaves (~200g), unpeeled, washed & scrubbed
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- ¼ cup olive oil
- salt & pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon za'atar spice mix
- 1 cup vegan labneh
How to Make Roasted Beets with Labneh
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- If the beets have leaves, remove them, wash, then set aside.
- Wrap each beet with aluminum foil. Drizzle some balsamic vinegar and olive oil and sprinkle salt and pepper into each parcel.
- Place them on a roasting pan and bake until a sharp knife easily passes through each beet (about 35 minutes for baby beets and 90 minutes for regular beets).
- After the beets are roasted, remove them from the oven and leave the oven on. Spread the beet leaves on the roasting sheet. Drizzle with olive oil, add a crack of salt and pepper, and crisp the leaves in the oven for 7-9 minutes until they are deep green.
- Meanwhile, remove the beets from aluminum foil and let them steam off and cool. Once cool enough to handle, place under cold running water and rub off the skins. Then halve or coarsely chop the beets depending on their size.
- Spread labneh on a serving platter and place chopped beets on top. Sprinkle za'atar and drizzle more olive oil to serve.
this recipe is:
- vegan / plant-based
- & gorgeous!
Don’t forget to let me know in the comments if you make this recipe! Afiyet olsun (bon appetite)!Print