Try this Mediterranean kale salad with dates & pine nuts recipe for a tasty, healthy micronutrient bomb! All vegan, oil-free, and delicious.
- 6 cups kale, chopped
- 2 tbsp tahini
- 2 tbsp water (as needed)
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 cup dates, pitted, chopped
- 1/2 cup pine nuts
- salt & pepper as desired
- Prepare the kale by removing thoroughly washing, removing the hard stems, then chopping to desired size.
- Make the lemon tahini dressing by mixing the tahini, lemon juice, salt, and pepper. Add water to thin out the dressing as needed, depending on the consistency of your tahini.
- Massage the kale with the dressing for a few minutes.
- Remove the dates' pits and chop them.
- Add olive oil in a small pan over medium heat, then sautee the pine nuts & dates for a few minutes. You can skip the oil and sautee with water as well.
- Add pine nuts & dates into the rest of the salad and serve immediately. Pomegranate seeds optional.
Keywords: kale, vegan, pine nuts, salad, dates, pomegranate seeds