Craving a vegan yogurt dip that involves minimal chopping and cleaning? Let me introduce you to haydari, yet another Turkish version of a delicious tzatziki dip. Step-by-step video with instructions is available.
- 1 1/2 cup dairy-free yogurt*
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp fresh dill, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp fresh mint, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup dried mint
- 1 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- pinch of salt
- Combine and mix all the ingredients.
- Drizzle with olive oil.
For yogurt, I like using the “sharp” homemade variety in my guide; otherwise, Kite Hill or Forager work great. Just make sure the yogurt is unflavored and unsweetened, and preferably not made of coconut as it usually lands too much of its own flavor.