This vegan tzatziki can be enjoyed as the familiar dip or as an excellent appetizer to excite your palate. There's a high chance that you've never tried the second way!
- 1 medium cucumber, grated (Persian variety works best)
- 1 cup dairy-free yogurt
- 3 cloves garlic (minced)
- 1/4 cup fresh dill, finely chopped
- pinch of salt
- cold water (optional, up to 1 cup for a soupy consistency)
- Add all the ingredients except water into a medium bowl and whisk. If you want a dip—that's it!
- For a soupy version (Turkish), add water to reach the consistency that you prefer.
I like using the homemade variety without thickeners; otherwise Kite Hill or Forager work great.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Category: Appetizer, Dip
- Cuisine: Greek, Turkish, Middle Eastern, Balkan