Super easy recipe for roasted carrots with tahini: less than 5 ingredients and under 5-minute prep time!
- 6 carrots
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp tahini
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp drinking water
- salt & pepper to taste
- pomegranate & pumpkin seeds to garnish
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
- Thoroughly wash the carrots, then pat dry and place on a lined baking sheet. Cover with olive oil.
- Sprinkle with salt & pepper then place into the oven for 40 minutes, or until carrots are tender.
- To make the tahini sauce, mix tahini, lemon juice, and as much water as necessary until smooth.
- When carrots are done, drizzle tahini sauce all over them, and garnish with pomegranate & pumpkin seeds.
- Depending on how runny the tahini brand you are using is, you may need more or less water. Aim for a dressing consistency.
- You may also add the pumpkin seeds onto the carrots while they're still in the oven for an extra roast. Don't go beyond 5-10 minutes or they may burn.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 40 minutes
- Category: Sides
- Method: Roast
- Cuisine: Middle Eastern
- Serving Size:
- Calories: 133
- Sugar: 11.1 g
- Sodium: 77.2 mg
- Fat: 6.3 g
- Carbohydrates: 19.4 g
- Fiber: 4.9 g
- Protein: 2.4 g
- Cholesterol: 0 mg
Keywords: carrots, tahini, pomegranate, vegan, vegetarian, sides